The accountant position will oversee all financials for the family of businesses: Ebert Enterprises, Salmon’s Meat Products and Homestead Kitchen & Tap. An individual who is confidential, organized, highly self-motivated and has a strong attention to detail will fit well with our culture.
- Confidential and discrete with knowledge of financial information
- Strong attention to detail, problem solver, written and verbal communication skills required
- 3 years preferred of QuickBooks, farm accounting and commodity pricing experience
- Ability to multi-task, adapt to change, make decisions, work together on a small team
- Good organizational and time management skills to meet deadlines
- Associates degree in Business Administration or other is preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to lift at least 15 pounds
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk working on a computer
- Periods of bending, squatting, standing, and walking
Supervised by Business Development Manager. Works closely and maintains communication with the Office Managers, Retail Manager, Ebert Family, General Manager and Human Resource Staff.
- Oversee and compile financial record keeping
- Accounts payable and accounts receivable ownership
- Maintain data entry; done timely and accurately
- Assist with payroll administration, assess if this should be done fully internally or third party
- Financially evaluate return on investment for certain business moves and propose to Ebert Family
- Create and maintain a budget for each company and sometimes at the department level
- Forecast trends and changes to future financials
- Determine and evaluate metrics for each individual company
- Generate and review monthly and quarterly reports, evaluating financial performance
- Develop strategies to improve financial performance
- Develop and maintain financial relationships
- Review insurance needs and costs, in some cases shop out specific opportunities
- Purchase and track inventory and supplies
Perform other related duties as assigned.
The accountant role can be a part or full-time position ranging from 20-40 hours per week.