Are you interested in an internship about On-Farm Crop Care, Harvest Management, and other aspects of Agronomy? Learn about scouting weeds, insects, and staging crops, collecting soil samples and possible tissue sampling. Complete records on farm duties for successful farm management.
About Ebert Enterprises, LLC
Ebert Enterprises, LLC operates approximately 9,000 acres, 2,000+ acres are in double crop rotation, where winter cereal grains are harvested for forage and then followed by corn. Some of the fields are no tilled and planted green. A variety of conservation practices such as low disturbance manure application and no till are utilized on the farm.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, multi-task and adapt to change
- Ability to operate ATV, truck and trailer
- Tolerate working in varying cool and warm conditions
- Driver’s license is required
- Awareness of your work environment to ensure safe work practices
Supervised by the Conservation Coordinator. Works closely and maintains communication with the Operations Manager and our cropping and seasonal team.
- Safely operate all machinery OR experienced operating machinery would be beneficial, but not required
- May gain exposure to crop/farm technology utilized in the industry
- Complete scouting of fields, looking to identify:
- Fertility issues
- Carry out duties to support conservation initiatives
- Practice self-management (is on-time, works at a reasonable pace, maintains internal motivation)
- Communicate work-related information with appropriate farm personnel
- Work as a team member to solve problems and improve work processes
• Work with co-workers and landlords in a friendly and professional manner