Pesticide Applicator and Heavy Equipment Operator
This combination position of applicating and operating is a full-time position that is a part of the cropping team at Ebert Enterprises.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, multi-task and adapt to change
- Ability to operate tractor, sprayer, haul-truck, 4-wheeler, semi-truck
- Tolerate working in varying cool and warm conditions
- Applicator license and Class A CDL required; if currently do not have, Ebert Enterprises would help obtain
- Driver’s license is required
- Awareness of your work environment to ensure safe work practices
Supervised by the Operations Manager. Works closely and maintains communication with the Conservation Coordinator, cropping and seasonal team.
- Safely operate all machinery
- Understand how to use GPS technology
- Assist is a variety of field work: hauling, chemical application, etc.
- Perform cleaning maintenance on machines as well as detect any early signs of needed repairs
- Measure, mix and apply proper amounts of chemicals
- Order needed supplies and keep inventory
- Keep accurate records of chemicals applied
- Complete scouting of fields (as time allows), looking to identify:
- Fertility issues
- Carry out duties to support conservation initiatives
- Practice self-management (is on-time, works at a reasonable pace, maintains internal motivation)
- Communicate work-related information with appropriate farm personnel
- Work as a team member to solve problems and improve work processes
- Work with co-workers and landlords in a friendly and professional manner
Perform other related duties as assigned.
Full-time hours fluctuate depending on the time of the year.